Monday, January 25, 2010

What's this all about anyway?

Hi. I suspect that this will mostly be a diary for my own purposes, but hey! If someone else gains some insight from it... or cares to share some insight with me - all the better!

Life is full of cycles - we change and grow continuously - cycling through life. This past year has been full of changes for me - completion of cycles and the beginning of new cycles. I have gotten married, bought a house, defended my PhD, and started my first 'real' job. And, that doesn't even begin to describe the multitude of insights and revelations therein. I plan to write about my past (I think many people who know me would be surprised to learn about my past) - as I'm inspired to do so based on what comes up in life - while also documenting my adjustment to what is now my life... Real life hey. I wonder what's in store.

Also, seeing as one of my main focuses right now is getting into tip-top shape in order to enter my first summer of road bike racing... the title of my blog is somewhat fitting. I'm pretty competitive by nature (that may be a bit of an understatement)... but, as I've recently come to acknowledge (through teaching "achievement motivation") I do have a 'fear of failure' (which, I can probably trace back to some early experiences at home - more about that at some later point). This fear of failure provides me with challenging levels of anxiety and worry - certainly in my career, but will also be a challenge if I do start racing this summer.

I will be chronicling my training journey and my race season. I very much welcome any tips you have regarding my training (in cycling or life). Also, my husband and I are looking forward to a cycling trip to Italy (He really wants to climb the Stelvio pass... hence I best get training)... I will tell you all about how that goes.

Right now - I have to get my lectures prepared... I'll be back to outline my training regime. (I think writing about it will be good - hold me accountable).

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment